RAMJO Waste Strategy
The Riverina and Murray Joint Organisation (RAMJO) has two regional waste groups that work with 13 Councils across the region.
The RAMJO (previously RAMROC) Regional Waste Strategy 2017-2021 identifies priorities for the region and determines the current and future services, infrastructure and educational requirements to develop a sustainable waste management system.
The objectives of the strategy are to achieve the following:
- Engage with the community through education and activities related to best practice waste management;
- Provide leadership and facilitate information exchange and skills development;
- Make a significant contribution towards the achievement of NSW’s Waste Avoidance Resource Recovery Strategy targets;
- Reduce the amount of waste that is being directed to landfill;
- Improve successful funding application opportunities;
- Improve and increase current services for household recycling and organics collection;
- Provide a sustainable and healthy environment through reducing the incidences of litter, illegal dumping and number of landfills across the region.